Search This Blog

Ad

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas came early because of Nintendo

Rejoice Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors!

Definitely you guys had downloaded the 10 Gameboy Advance games that was available on Friday 16th. I'm just gonna write some short review on those games but more in a sense of how I felt connected to the games.

First Game on the list:
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

This game personally I have played it, but upon trying it out on the 3DS, it feels kinda cool. I tried racing in one of the track and it felt like racing in futuristic high speed kinda race.

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island

I played this on an emulator and it was the SNES version. The graphic in this game is amazing, the art style really suit the game. Basically it's a platformer with a twist where you can shoot the egg with Yoshi after it eats the enemy. BTW, don't let baby mario fly away because the cry is annoying as hell.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

I haven't try this out but I believe that it is the second in the series to be released out of Japan. I have played the first game and I believe that the game is going to be similar. The gameplay is awesome and the storyline is engaging but at one point, it might be hard not to let anyone die during each mission.

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

Oh Kirby, you cute little pink ball, or is it Jigglypuff? Anyway, this is similar to previous versions of Kirby where you suck up the enemy and consume their power to progress through the game. The difference? 4 Kirbys!

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

This is similar to the mario kart on the SNES. And it is kinda weird that Nintendo offered 2 racing games for the GBA Ambassador program. Is it because they didn't give any racing game in their NES list.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this game. It's a puzzle that requires reflex and platforming skills which I personally do not have. Sad.

Metroid Fusion

This game is one of the best on the list. This game is a bit different from the previous Metroid game due to it being kinda linear in the beginning but none the less, this game is awesome.

Wario Land 4

This is a replacement of Mario. Really cool as the controls are expanded from the normal Mario games. And the exploration to collect the treasure and CDs are really a nice touch. Love it, third best game in the list for me.

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

Uses the concept of 5 second mini games, this game will definitely get you hooked and test your reflexes. Even my girlfriend, Jes was playing it non stop. Cool.

and last but not least
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Basically this whole post was a build up to this game. This was the game that I was hunting for years after I have gotten my Gameboy Advance. But was to no avail due to the fact that GBA games are mostly fake when it is sold in Malaysia. Even after looking up on Amazon, the price of the game even without the box and manual was to costly. But finally, I got this game even though for a virtual copy, it's good enough. The best game that has been given by Nintendo in their Ambassador program and one of the best Christmas present ever.

Hey look, we at the top of his list. F**k yea!

No comments:

Ad

Ad